Sunday 7 December 2008

20 stupid remarks made by thoughtless people - anyone want to add?

(1) “When’s the happy day? … You’re not pregnant? (giggle) ooh, I thought you were, you’ve put on so much weight”.
.
(2) “I wouldn’t sit on that chair, it’s not very strong”.
.
(3) “I don’t understand it – how much do you eat, for goodness sake?”
.
(4) “It must be a glandular problem.”
.
(5) “Why don’t you have a glass of water before a meal so that you feel full? (Virtuously) that’s what I do.”
.
(6) “Shall I tell you a secret? What I do when I’m feeling hungry and there’s a long time till my next meal, I put a little pebble in my mouth and suck it. It gives your mouth something to do, you see.”
.
(7) “Gosh, aren’t you out of breath – why don’t you do more exercise and take off some of that weight?”
.
(8) “Did you receive that article I sent you about the dangers of being overweight?”
.
(9) “We were talking about you only yesterday – we think you really ought to lose some weight.”
.
(10) “Why don’t you just eat less?”
.
(11) In gathering with lots of people around, when conversation has been about other things, and there's a lull, person next to you turns and says: “I was thinking about you the other day – I found this amazing new diet, apparently you can lose half a stone in a week. I’ll cut it out for you.”
.
(12) “Your problem is that you’re mixing carbohydrate with protein.”
.
(13) “Why don’t you go on foot? You could do with the exercise.”
.
(14) “My dear, it’s just a question of willpower.”
.
(15) “No, I won’t have another chocolate thank you – and you shouldn’t be having any more either.”
.
(16) “I hardly recognised you; you’ve put on so much weight!!”
.
(17) “The trouble with you is that you don’t really want to lose weight.”
.
Courtesy of my ex husband:
.
(18) “It’s a fact. Fat people aren’t loved.”
.
(19) “Yes I can see you’ve got into a smaller size of jeans, but jeans don’t suit you.”
.
(20) “You’ve lost a stone? Well, that’s a bit better.”
-oOo-

3 comments:

oozyxena said...

21. Fat people are just lazy, that's why they are fat.

I hate that one so much it's on my very first blog.

Hiya Lonicera, wishing you all the best on your new journey, I look forward to reading your blog's, and only another 10 days untill you are in the bandits gang lol xxxx

Zenaxx

Nola said...

Gotta love that ex husband!! lol
I wrote a post called "But you're not that fat"....I think it is in my September archives...along the same lines:) We all have heard these things in one form or another and it shits me to tears!! Well, we will have to last laugh but I will never, never lose my empathy for those that are still struggling!!

Lonicera said...

Zena, your No. 21 - makes me fume just to read it. I've always felt that our misfortune is that this weakness we have is soo visible. If we were secretly addicted to something, like drugs, or sex (!)or alcoholics, we could go about our business and nobody would know. Everybody is weak about something - but it doesn't show.... But it's as if we carry a banner "Hey everybody, guess what I'm not too good at..."

Nola - agree, you 'keep the faith' and don't disparage your former heavier self, and never EVER make fattist remarks about others, no matter what size you are. Yes, I read your September entry - really good!

Thanks for kind remarks.

Caroline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...