Thursday 14 September 2017

Sad Announcement

Dear All,

I'm sad to announce that Caroline Holder, my aunt and the author of this blog, has passed away on Wednesday 6th September, 2017 at 7:30am after a long battle with cancer and non alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver.

As you will be able to see from her previous posts, as her illness grew worse, her energy and ability to post diminished and so it has been a long time since you had an update.  However, though she was unable to write the way she wished, the many friends she made on this blog were still on her mind and she asked me make an announcement after she passed to explain her silence.

She considered this blog one of the achievements of her life she was most proud of.  From the few comments I've seen on Facebook from those of you who crossed over into other forms of friendship, she was loved and appreciated.  She would have been touched and delighted.

Her funeral will be held on Friday 6th October, 2017 in Bristol, where she lived.  For those of you who might be interested, I will upload her eulogy the day after.

I wish you well and thank you for making my aunt very happy.
Veronica


Caroline Frances Bridger de Holder
1953-2017

4 comments:

Joyful said...

I'm very saddened to hear this news though I have been expecting it. I consider myself a long-time Canadian friend of Caroline's. Though we had never met I have been following her blog for some time and know how much she loved to write. She did say sometime back that when the time came she had a niece who would update us all. Thank you so much for doing that for Caroline and for us. We shall miss her blogging and her friendship. My very deep condolences to all of you, her loved ones. I hope she is somewhere now with John happy to be together once again. Hugs. xx

Jo said...

So sad to hear of Carolie's passing. Thank you for letting her blog friends know. She was wise to ask you to make the anouncement. Deepest condolences to her loved ones. I believe she and John and together now and totally pain-free and happy. Blessings. Jo (South Africa)

Sara said...

I'm so sad to hear of her passing, but knew in my heart that her silence was a sign. I enjoyed her wonderful stories and beautiful photographs. Thank you for providing this update. I hope she is with John for ever more. My deepest sympathies! (South Dakota, USA)

Amanda Kiska said...

I am so sorry to receive this news. I enjoyed her writing very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...